I know that there are many people that will have worked between Christmas and New Year and those wonderful people that have had to work, even on these Holy Days and Holidays but I have been off formal ‘mummy’ duty for the past 10 days, having had husband, friends and family surrounding us to play with and look after the kids.
I am now getting that sinking feeling of being back to reality tomorrow and wondering about my year of ‘doing’, and wondering whether I have bitten off more than I can chew and thinking that I should just STOP now……but, before I do, I never did actually tell you my word for 2012 or my list of 10 resolutions, maybe I should:
The word: You may have guessed this one – ‘DO’ – I want to “be the change I want to see in the world” (Gandhi), so to achieve this I have to do something about it!
The 10 resolutions (in no particular order):
- Smile more – as things always seem better when you smile 🙂
- Eat more fruit and veg – target is five, current about 3.5
- Drink more water – target 2ltrs, current about 0.5ltrs + a few cups of tea
- Spend time outside every day, for at least 1/2hr (even if it is raining) – the kids seem to know this is good for them, why don’t we as adults?
- Tidy every corner of this house – the hope is that if everything is tidier it will be easier to maintain, then I will have more time for doing!
- Craft more – I have a list of projects already so must get started, I’ll let you know about them soon
- Say “I love you” more – enough said xxx
- Be more relaxed about the every day – I must try to relax about the noise and mess the kids make, it is key to creativity and we really should learn from this.
- Make some money – always useful
- Watch less TV – less TV = more time to do, simple!
So, there is my word and my list but there is one resolution that I would like to really truly try to keep and that is to Believe in Myself! I am therefore going to carry on, to keep going at these tasks I have set myself for this year and to believe that I, as just a mummy, am more than capable!
Don’t we all spend days with our kids switching from one role to another? Don’t we all have the capacity to just keep going, even when we think we have done as much as we possibly can? We really can ‘do’ it if we put our minds to it!
What do you want to do this year? Will you help me believe in myself?