Below is what I had written on my ‘About Me’ page for 2012:
Hello I’m Catherine, wife and mummy to 2 little ones: Bella and Will! I sort of feel like I have fallen into motherhood and being a house wife but I am now learning to enjoy working in my own home. My background is in Environmental Management so I am trying to put all my learning into living our life as sustainably as possible. I make-my-own, bake-my-own and grow-my-own with varying degrees of success and failure.
Now were are entering 2013 and I am still here blogging I feel like I should tell you a little more, I feel like I have learned an awful lot about myself in the last year and have changed, as have my two little ones, so…here we are as we stand on the eve of 2013!
- I am 28, happily married, mum of two pre-schoolers who I look after in the days and work as a bar maid two evenings a week.
- I like to think that I am creative, I love to make and bake, I don’t get much time but fit bits in when I can and when I’m in a patient mood I love to get the kids involved.
- Talking of being patient, I have a rather short temper (which is possibly inherited) I am especially snappy when I’m hungry or tired, which is quite often but is easily remedied by chocolate, cake or a good cuppa tea (or a combination of all of them).
- I am a secret eco-warrier, tree-hugger but also a secret snob – totally don’t go together I know!
- I love to have friends to visit, if you are local please do pop in, if not then if you are ever over this way just let me know, there is often homemade cake or biscuits on offer.
- I really enjoy reading, when I have time.
- I am desperate to have a cat.
- I have a spare room with so much fabric in that I have no idea what to do with.
- I really enjoy gardening but am not very good at it.
- I have a strange attraction to creepy crawlies, I’ll pick up any spider and we have a jar with chrysalis living inside in the kitchen.
- I enjoy reading self-improvement books but don’t often finish them.
- And, I love to have a challenge!
- Bella is now 4!
- She is fiercely independent and always has been, wanting desperately to do things her own way even from the day she was born.
- She looks nothing like me but personality wise she is so much like I was at her age that it is scary.
- We often get to logger-heads over silly things.
- She is a daddys girl.
- She loves to do creative things, especially with me and we enjoy our time when Will naps by sticking, colouring, drawing or cooking.
- She is my first-born and my big girl, she is my teacher!
- Will is 2 and a half.
- He is an entertainer and always has been, he was laughing at a week old at Isabella and is now learning the art of being funny with words.
- He does look like me but personality wise he is like his daddy, very laid back.
- He is very mischievous and I find it hard to tell him off.
- He is a mummys boy.
- He loves to sing, talk and dance and we enjoy our time when Bella is at nursery by building duplo things, playing with cars and general silliness.
- He is my second born and my little boy, he is my giggle!
If you would like to get in touch come and find me over here…..
Get in touch with me at: bellaandwill[at]hotmail.co.uk
Find me on Twitter: @BELLA_and_WILL